Thursday 4 April 2019

Put on Jesus

Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy.  But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfil its lusts. Romans 13:13-14

When I get up in the morning I do what all of us do normally – I get dressed for the day. My physical getting dressed is not a big deal for me. I am properly the world’s most boring dresser. Most of the time it is jeans and varying tops depending on the weather.

I hope I take more time and dedication and though to my spiritual dress for the day. Sadly, as little time as I give to putting on my clothes I am afraid there re days when I give even less thought to being spiritually prepared.

‘Put on Jesus is’ we are told here. That seems like a prefect summary of being told to put on the whole armour of God.

What does it mean to put on Jesus? I think it just means that when people see me they ought to see more of Jesus and less of Roger. If I am putting on Jesus people will see Him in the way I walk and talk and respond and how I meet needs and care for others. They will see Him when I am in crisis. They will see Him in the face of bad news and and illness and financial troubles and need.

Every day remind me Lord to ‘put on Jesus.’

No comments: