Tuesday 2 April 2019

WAKE UP!!

And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.  The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. Romans 13:11-12

Now – knowing all that we have covered over the last couple of weeks, knowing how we are to treat each other, knowing how we are to love, knowing how we are to give preference to to others, knowing how we are to respond to the authority. Now, knowing all that, what are we to do?

Wake up!!!!!

Though I am a morning person I don’t think a whole lot of people look forward to the whole waking up routine. I find  that finally waking up and getting going is something I put off longer and longer these days. I lie there in the bed and struggle to throw of the duvet and put my feet on the floor and get moving.

When I think at about I can do the same thing spiritually. I can see the things that needs to be done and know I need to get going and that they are important but it is though to throw off that duvet and doing it. It is time to get off the bed, get rid of the clothes we wear to bed, put on our daytime clothes, get busy, and redeem the time for the days are certainly evil and the day is coming when no man can work.

No comments: