Wednesday 10 April 2019

By believing

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. – Romans 15.13

I have a long running faith issue that troubles me, sadly, every single day. I hate with with a passion because at this stage of the game I should be able to walk in complete and total faith that I can trust God. There are still moments in my ife where there is little if any joy and peace because of my doubts and fears.

I am challanged because I read things like ‘abounding in hope.’ Where is that hope then.

There are two things that stick out in this verse. It tells us that we have hope in believing. But that isn’t always easy is it? So it goes on to say that we have hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

That reminds me that my believing on my own is not possible. I can only believe the way I need to believe through the power of the Holy Spirit. The kind of believing that will bring peace and hope is Holy Spirit empowered belief. My Roger-based belief will never be enough to get me the kind of hope and peace I desire. It still depends on me and me is never going to be enough. I can’t just muster it up – I must rely on Him.

As we all deal with the daily issues of life and the struggles we face and uncertainty about the future may we seek the Holy Spirit’s help and believe what God has already told us.

No comments: