Monday 22 April 2019

God is faithful

God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. – 1 Corinthians 1.9

We don’t normally see a whole lot of real, true faithfulness. We are all human and all of us struggle with it. Our flesh gets in the way. Life just has to be lived. Sometimes we let other things get in the way of things that we should be faithful to.

Our family and friends as much as they love us, can also fail to be faithful in every situation.

But One is always faithful. Simply put – God is faithful. Because He is faithful we can have absolute trust in Him.

It is the context of these words that is special. God is faithful and it is by Him that we are called into the fellowship of Christ. That means that my fellowship is not based on me and my flawed faitfulness but of God and His faithfulness. I fail Him in our relationship but I can be assured that He will never fail me.

Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father. There is no shadow of turning with Thee. Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not. As Thou hast been Thou forever will be.

No comments: