Sunday 16 September 2018

The things that please Him

Then Jesus said to them, “When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am He, and that I do nothing of Myself; but as My Father taught Me, I speak these things. And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him.” As He spoke these words, many believed in Him. – John 8.28-30

‘I always do the things that please Him’

I know these were the words of Jesus, but wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could say those same words in our lives?

Jesus could clearly say those words. He is God. He only seek to do the Father’s will and He will never displease God even though He faced the same trials and afflictions and we do and more.

But that doesn’t mean that there is nothing here for us. We are called ‘Christian’ and that is a word meaning ‘Christ copiers.’ It was intended as an insult, but we took it on as a reminder and a challenge. Our goal and our desire should be to always please God.

Can we do that? No, not perfectly, but we should be going on pleasing Him as we pass through this life. My question for every thought and word and deed ought to be ‘does this please my Heavenly Father?’

How about today to start with. Can we try today, the 16th of September 2018, to live a day that totally please Him?

No comments: