Monday 24 September 2018

Never perish

Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, “How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.”
Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me. But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. I and My Father are one.” – John 10.24-30

The Jews who were after Jesus had already heard Him claim He was the Son of God. They had already heard Him say that He was I AM. Yet, they still said ‘how long are you going to keep us guessing? Are you or are you not the Christ?’

Jesus salad that He had told them and He had showed them and still they did no believe and the reason they did not believe because they were not His sheep. This was a pure slap in the face. They had always been told that they were His sheep. Now, they are not rejecting Him, He is rejecting them!

The the indictment comes as Jesus describes His true sheep.

‘My sheep’, Jesus said, ‘are mine forever. No one can ever pluck them from My hand.’

‘They will never perish.’

‘God is greater than them all.’

‘No one can snatch them out of God’s hand.’

These guys were not Jesus’ sheep, but if they were they would be eternally safe in Him. We are His sheep and as His sheep we have eternal life. We area wrapped in Jesus’ hands and then wrapped in God the Father’s hand. Nothing can move us from there.

Eternally, perfectly, completely, and wholly secure because of Him. What a wonderful place to be because we no that we will never, ever, ever perish.

No comments: