Saturday 18 March 2017

You are near O Lord

They draw near who follow after wickedness;
They are far from Your law.
You are near, O Lord,
And all Your commandments are truth.
Concerning Your testimonies,
I have known of old that You have founded them forever. – Psalm 119.150-152

I wish I could be spiritual enough that I could say every single day of my life I always feel really close to God. I know some people have that amazing testimony and I can almost envy them, because I have tough days. I have days when I feel kind of alone. I have days when I really don’t sense his closeness.

That doesn’t mean that God is not near. It doesn’t mean He has moved. It doesn’t mean that He does not see my trouble. It means that I am looking in the wrong place.

God is near. He is right there and is not about to move from us for we are his. We are told in Isaiah that God is near to all those who call on Him. If we want to sense God’s nearness we must look to Him and not be distracted by all the woes and cares that so easily grab our attention.

The next time we are fearful or anxious or nervous or alone we need not fear, because Jesus is near. He is ever watching over us. Worries can all cease, we can have peace because He is always near.

No comments: