Saturday 11 March 2017

Sweeter than honey

How sweet are Your words to my taste, Sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through Your precepts I get understanding; Therefore I hate every false way. – Psalm 119.103-104

I am a big fan of honey. I like it on bread and on American biscuits and in my daily porridge. I like it by the spoonful. I like the relatively healthy sweetness.

There are a lot challenges about how much we should be treasuring the word of God. God uses all kinds of illustrations for us to show how wrong we have our priorities. Most of us understand he draw of the sweetness of honey and the longing for it.

The test is whether or not we have that kind of desire for God’s word or so we have a ‘take it or leave it’ attitude. Is God's word sweet to our tastes?

How precious is God’s word to us. What place of priority is there for God’s word in our daily life? Is there, indeed, any desire for it?

If our desire for God’s word is less than our desire for other things that we like, it is time for us to examine our hearts.

No comments: