Wednesday 8 March 2017

Blameless

Let my heart be blameless regarding Your statutes,
That I may not be ashamed. – Psalm 119.80

Let my heart be blameless so that I am not ashamed.

I like this word ‘blameless.’ I was studying it at one point so looked into what this word means. It does not mean perfection, obviously, because no one is perfect and as long as we live in these bodies we are not going to be perfect. It does mean we live lives so that nothing can be pinned on us. There is no flaw in our character that people can point to and put blame on us.

We all mess up. We all blow it. We are make mistakes and we all sin. But do we lives our lives in such a way that others cannot cast blame or aspersions on us.

There is a difference between me telling a lie and me being a liar.
There is a difference between me losing my temper and me being and angry man.
There is a difference between me being mean to someone and me being an unloving man.

One is an act – the other is character. It is our character that ought to be blameless. By the grace of God let's keep our character clean so that our sins are an aberration, not the norm.

No comments: