Wednesday 29 March 2017

He has done great things

Then our mouth was filled with laughter, And our tongue with singing. Then they said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them." The LORD has done great things for us, And we are glad.  – Psalm 126.2-3

The Lord has done great things for us. I think if we were to be honest we would have to say there are times when those words seem kind of hollow. There are times when I don’t see God’s great works with my eyes of flesh. All I see are my issues and my problems and my fears.

But really? So I have a few hard times and a few struggles. Life is life. Life is full of sorrows. We live in a broken world full of broken people. Everyone is going to face problems.

But God’s children should have a different perspective. We can rest assured that God has done great things despite all the wrong we see. I think of James’ words here when he wrote about we are to rejoice in trials because those trials allow us to learn lessons to prepare us for the future.

Plus, God has done so many obvious great things. He is the creator of all we see and he is the sustainer of all we enjoy. He keeps my heart beating and my lungs pumping. He provides my daily bread.

But more than any of those things is that He saved me from my sin.

Because He has done that one great thing I have hope no matter what I encounter today.


He has done great things – so I can be glad and assured that He is doing even greater things in the future. 

No comments: