Friday 3 October 2014

Redeemed and purified

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works. – Titus 2.11-14

The grace of God brought salvation. It appeared to all men. It teaches is how to live. It encourages us to live looking for His coming. 

And one day it will totally redeem us and totally purify us. 

Oh what a wonderful day that will. True, when we were saved were redeemed from the penalty of sin and declared pure with the blood of Christ. True, we are daily redeemed from the power of sin and empowered by the indwelling Holy Spirit. That is a great blessing. 

But on that great and glorious day when of the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ we will be redeemed from the power of sin and be as pure as our Saviour. 

I have to say that I look forward to that day. I am so weary of battling my flesh. I am sick of me and my impure thoughts and actions and attitudes. I long for the day when my purification will be totally accomplished. I long for the completion of my redemption from sin and the flesh. 

What a day that will be, when my Jesus I will see. When I look upon the face of the One who saved me by His grace. When He takes me by the hand  to lead me to the Promised Land. What a day, what a glorious day, that will be. 

No comments: