Tuesday 28 October 2014

But we see Jesus

" But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honour, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone."  - Hebrews 2:9

We may not always be able to see how everything is under Jesus’ feet. That may not always be clear.

But we do see Jesus. At least we should see Jesus. We should see Him wherever we go and whatever we do.

The only problem here is when we choose to see everything else instead of choosing to see Jesus. We see all of our trials and troubles and bothers and hard times and difficulties when we could instead look unto Jesus, the Author and the Finisher of our faith.

Jesus promised that He would never leave us or forsake us. He is here no matter what we choose to see.

Why don’t we just choose to look at Him instead of all the distracting junk?  

The following is from a poem called ‘St Patrick’s Breastplate.’ It is a great reminder of how we are to always and forever keep our eyes on Jesus.

Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.
I arise today
Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,
Through belief in the Threeness,
Through confession of the Oneness

of the Creator of creation.

No comments: