Wednesday 22 October 2014

Foerever and ever

But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”" - Hebrews 1:8-9

'Your throne, O God, is forever and ever.'

Forever and ever. 

I like the idea of 'forever and ever'. No matter what comes in to my life of what happens in this old world Christ is still on the throne. 

Habakkuk had the same kind of problem that I do. He couldn't understand why his world was seemingly falling apart. After talking to God he chose to sit back and wait for God to work because 'He is in His holy temple' and the world needs to sit back, be quiet, and watch God work. 

And then Habakkuk, at the very end of his book says 

Though the fig tree may not blossom,
Nor fruit be on the vines;
Though the labor of the olive may fail,
And the fields yield no food;
Though the flock may be cut off from the fold,
And there be no herd in the stalls—
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my salvation.
The Lord God is my strength;
He will make my feet like deer's feet,
And He will make me walk on my high hills.


No matter what comes in to my life Christ is still King of Kings and He is still Lord of Lords. He is still King of my life and He will carry me through. 

Therefore, even if my fig trees dry up and my livestock all die I will still strive to rejoice in the Lord because He can allow me to live above all the trials and struggles of this world. 

He is still there and in control. And He will be forever and ever and ever - amen. 



No comments: