Saturday 25 October 2014

Ministering spirits

 they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?" - Hebrews 1:14

I don't know a whole lot about angels. I know they exist. I know they have existed since Creation. I know that they guarded the ark. I know the served as messengers. I know they battled over the body of Moses. I know that they are involved with geographic regions. I know that they wish they could understand salvation. 

But I don't know a whole lot about what they do now. 

But the Bible says that these ministering spirits minister to the heirs of salvation. 

I'm not sure how that works, but I do have an anecdote where I think they did so for my family and me. 

Many years ago we were driving home from a meeting in Mississippi. It was late and it was pouring rain. We crested a hill and there was a poorly marked railroad crossing. By the time we saw it there was a train's headlight right outside our window. I knew that we were all dead.

Suddenly the car surged forward in what felt like a miraculous surge. The kids could not believe we were alive. 

Ministering spirits ministering to our family? I don't know, but this verse let's me know that it was more than pospossible. 

They do minister, and maybe this was an example. 

No comments: