Friday 31 October 2014

My brother

" For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, saying:
“I will declare Your name to My brethren;
In the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You.”
And again:
“I will put My trust in Him.” And again:
“Here am I and the children whom God has given Me.”" - Hebrews 2:11-13

The sanctified and the Sanctifier are one. Jesus is not ashamed to call me His brother. Those are amazing and wonderful truths.

So how do we respond?

I will declare Your name in the assembly of the brethren
I will sing praise to You
I will put my trust in Him

Why does it seem that though Jesus is not ashamed to call me His brother I can seem to be ashamed of Him? Why can it be so hard for me to admit that I am a Christian and that Christ is my Lord and Saviour…and my brother?

It just doesn’t make any sense that He is not ashamed of me, but I can act like I am ashamed of Him. Am I boldly declaring His name in the church? Probably, but am I singing His praises wherever I go?


The question is pretty simple. Jesus is not ashamed to call me His brother. Am I ashamed to call Him mine? 

No comments: