Thursday 23 October 2014

A sceptre of righteousness

But to the Son He says:
“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”"

The sceptre of course is a symbol of authority and power. Monarchs carry their sceptre to show that they are in charge. 

Jesus, our forever and ever King, carries a sceptre of authority. His sceptre is notable because it is a sceptre of righteousness. That simply means that Jesus's power and His reign are righteous. To put it simply His sceptre symbolises and He always does what is right. 

Sometimes that takes a lot of faith to accept. In my eyes God's righteousness does not seem right. 

I realise that the reason for this is that I am not God. I see things from my own flawed perspective. God's ways are far above my ways and His thoughts above my thoughts. I can't think like Him so I can't always figure it out. 

But the God of righteousness always does what is right. This is really one of those faith things. When it doesn't seem like things are going right or doing rightly I must rest in the fact that his ways are not my ways and His thoughts are not my thoughts and that He is right no matter what. 

Praise God that my King is always going to riegn righteously. May God give the the strength to trust Him to do it. 

No comments: