Sunday 19 October 2014

He purged our sins

who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, - Hebrews 11.3 

There are a lot of wonderful little phrases in the scripture. Many of them kind of jump out and grab us as we pass by them. This is one of those phrases - 'He, by Himself, purged our sins.' 

Jesus purged our sins. That means that He was totally washed us clean of every sin. 

Of all of the marvelous works of our loving and holy God the greatest to me has to be the purging of my sins. I know me, I know my heart, I know the wickedness from which I was delivered. What great power to purge me of my sins. 

He purged my sins. He washed me clean. His blood paid the price of every single sin. 

Praise God I am clean. 

'My sin, oh the bliss of this glorious thought, my sin, not in part, but the whole - is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more. Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, oh my soul.' 

No comments: