Monday 12 May 2014

In Him

and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; - Philippians 3.9

There is a little phrase in here that makes all the difference in the world. It comes after Paul talks about the emptiness of all our best efforts and before a statement about the futility of our righteousness.

How could our righteousness be any good? All of our righteousness is nothing more than filthy stinking rags. There is no one righteous, no, not a single one.

So what are these vital words?

'Being found in Him. Who is 'Him?' The previous verse tells us - 'that I may gain Christ.'

Our only hope for eternity is that we be found in Him and His righteousness and that we not be found in ourselves. Being found in ourselves would spell disaster. There would be no hope for eternity. We would be doomed.

But being found in Christ changes everything. His righteousness is imputed to me when I am found in Christ. Being found in Him means that I am a joint heir with Him for the blessings of eternity.

Being found in me is nothing of eternal import. Being found in Him is everything. 


Being found in me is nothing of eternal import. Being found in Him is everything. 

No comments: