Saturday 31 May 2014

All the fullness

And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, – Colossians 1.18-19

When I get stuck in my own problems and affairs and things I don’t know how to deal with I can get overwhelmed. I am always trying to figure out what I am going to do and how I am going to do it and if it is really going to work.

I think we really miss out when we do that. We forget that it is not really up to us. We are not alone in dealing with us. In fact, Christ lives in us and the life we live we are to live by our faith in Him.

That means that I have more available to be than I can hope to comprehend. Because Christ indwells my life I have available to me:

The fullness of God’s love
The fullness of God’s mercy
The fullness of God’s strength
The fullness of God’s wisdom
The fullness of God’s faithfulness
The fullness of God’s presence

When I see all of that it is hard to understand why I have so much trouble trusting Him to sort things out for me.  I am not in this fight alone.


The battle is not mine – it is the Lord’s and all His fullness dwells in Christ who dwells in me. Indeed, greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world. 

No comments: