Thursday 29 April 2021

Not ashamed

 And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming. If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him. – 1 John 2.28-29

 

How is it possible that I as a sinner can live my life in confidence that when Jesus comes everything will be okay? I can I be sure that I won’t need to be ashamed when He comes back? How can I be sure that I won’t be caught with my hand in the biscuit barrel?

 

I remember in about 1968  my dad phoned to  let us know that he was in Nashville a would be home in a couple of hours. We were stunned because he was serving in Vietnam at the time. Mom thought the house was a mess, so she set us to work. It was a madhouse because she not want the place to be a disaster when he got home. She would have been embarrassed for him to the house in that state.

 

So we had to rush around getting ready.

 

Jesus is coming again. We are not going to get that two hour notice. It will happen in the blink of an eye.

 

We want to be ready. When He returns I want to be sure that I am living in such a way that pleases Him. The only way to do that is to practice godly living. I want to live in such away that there is nothing but sheer joy in my life when He returns. I want to be loving people and caring and meeting needs and telling others about Him

No comments: