Saturday 25 July 2020

I miss you

I thank God, whom I serve with a pure conscience, as my forefathers did, as without ceasing I remember you in my prayers night and day, greatly desiring to see you, being mindful of your tears, that I may be filled with joy, - 2 Timothy 1.3-4

Praise God that we are somewhat out of this Covid lockdown. It was tough on everyone and in many ways Mary and I got through it pretty unscathed. The thing that really bothered me was the lack of fellowship and encouragement and edification with God’s people and the singing and just the banter of being in church together. That kind of insular Christianity is never what God intended for His people. We wants us to be together, not only in spirit, but in person.

We are blessed though. We have ways of staying in immediate contact that could not even be imagined 30-40 years ago. Paul had none of that. Though there was an excellent postal service, communication still tools many days or weeks to take place. When Paul was really alone he was truly alone.

But it was still no fun during the total lockdown. I think we missed 15 weeks of church. We ‘greatly desired’ to see our church family. I think that is the natural thing with believers. We need each other. God designed things so that we should meet together and it is a blessing now that we are.

No comments: