Wednesday 29 July 2020

Don't be ashamed

Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, - 2 Timothy 1.8

 Do not be ashamed Timothy, of the testimony of the Lord see in your life. Share with me in His sufferings.

 Shame of the gospel or being embarrassed of being a Christian will obviously have a huge impact on our living for Jesus and our witness for Him. If we are ashamed we simply are not going to address the issue. When Paul wrote to the Romans he said that he was not ashamed of the gospel of Christ because it was the power of God that leads to salvation.

 This is a tough topic to write about because it really strikes home. I’m afraid that I have been guilty of not sharing my faith simply because I am worried about what the person might think of me.

 I can’t even imagine if Jesus had not endured the shame of the cross for me. What if He had said ‘I’m too embarrassed to hang on that cross where everyone is going to see me.’

 When I think of it that way how can I possibly be ashamed of Him?

No comments: