Monday 8 June 2020

Worthy of His calling

Therefore we also pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness and the work of faith with power, that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. – 2 Thessalonians 1.12

Paul’s prayer here is that believers would live worthy of God’s calling on our lives by

Fulfilling the good pleasure of Gods goodness
Fulfilling the work of faith by His power

And the reason why? That The name of Jesus would be glorified in us and that we might be in Him.

Our testimonies in this world are more vital than we think. We can imagine that it really doesn’t matter all that much how I act as long as I just keep quiet and go about my way.

But that’s not the way it is.

Does my walk reflect the goodness of the Lord in my life?
Does my walk reflect a work of faith reliant on His power?
Does it reflect that pleasure of His goodness?
Does it glorify Christ and His mercy in my life?

There is a marvellous song called ‘He is worthy.’ It is a beautiful song written in a choral fashion that ask question about the world being broken and a new hope coming and the fact that Jesus is the answer. The conclusion is that He is worthy of blessing and honour and praise.

The question for me is whether or not I live a way that reflects his worthiness. Do people really see Jesus in me? 

No comments: