Wednesday 10 June 2020

Grounded and guarded

But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one. – 2 Thessalonians 3.3

The Lord is faithful to do what He has started. We just looked a few days ago about the basic principle that the Lord is faithful and that ought to give us great comfort. Here we read a specific about His faithfulness.

First of all He has established us. He has rooted us. He has grounded us. He has laid the foundation of our faith anchored in the rock, which is Jesus. It’s a comfort to know that our foundation cannot be shaken.

Not only though has He grounded and established us, but he also guards us today. Wen we read that He guards us from the evil one it doesn’t really mean that devil is not going to be there. It doesn’t say that we are going to be free from his vile attacks. It doesn’t mean that he won’t be able to taunt and tempt us.

It does mean the God who established us will protect us from Satan’s attacks. Greater is He that He is in us than He that is in the world. The Lord is my battle-shield. He is my rock. He is my high tower. He is my fortification. Now matter what the attacks Satan cannot win as long as I take refuge in my God.

I am established in Him. I am protected by Him. What more could I want?

No comments: