Saturday 6 June 2020

He is faithful

He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it. – 1 Thessalonians 5.24

The Bible way that one thing is required in our walk with God and our service for God – it is required in God’s stewards that they be faithful.

Even that causes huge problems, doesn’t it? I doubt many if any of us could look at our ourselves and say that we have been truly faithful. I have failed in so many ways. I probably fail in my faithfulness every single day of my live. To put it in human terms I do let God down, I do disappoint Him, I fail Him, I wander from Him and I break His heart. Though I am commanded to be faithful, I fail.

But there is a blessed assurance in Christ. The One who called me to His service is faithful. He is the author and finisher of my faith. He will never let me down. He will do it.

Great is your faithfulness, O God my Father. His mercies are new every morning. His  compassions never fail. No matter how far I stray He stays faithful. Sometimes His faithfulness means that He love me enough to chasten me to call me back to the right place. Like the prodigal’s father who faithfully watched for His Son God’s faithfulness means He is always watching out for me.

My faith may waver – His never does. Thank God for His faithfulness. He will accomplish what I cannot do alone. He will carry me through.

No comments: