Wednesday 10 July 2019

A door

For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries. – 1 Corinthians 16.9

Paul speaks here of a new door of witness that God has opened. He says that the door is open, but – there is a lot of opposition.

Thank God for when He opens doors for us to share our faith. I can look back over my life and remember, clearly in some cases, when the door was open so side that all I had to do was to just walk through and sharing my faith seemed as natural as breathing.

But that’s not always how I respond to an open door. Sometimes the door is open and I am just too afraid to walk through it. Sometimes I look through the door and the possible opposition is just too great.

God has a way of opening doors when He is ready for us to go through. I was once calling door to door sharing the gospel with a fella who, when the person tried to close the in our faces would shove his foot in the doorway to keep it open. That is not what the Bible talks about here. When God opens the door we ought to walk through is no matter what. If we kick the door open we are wasting our time and God’s time.

When we walk through that door of opportunity we need to be aware that there will be opposition. An open door does not mean and easy door, but if God gives us that chance we need to take it. Who knows how God might use it? Who knows how ‘effectual’ it might be?

No comments: