Monday 10 April 2017

You know

O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether. You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it. – Psalm 139.1-6

It has been a good long time since I first really studied and taught on this psalm. It was early 1995 and I was serving as your pastor at a church in Tallaght in South Dublin. We were working on converting a garage used for storage into our youth room and I was teaching Sunday School to the young people.

I don’t know how I came across this passage to teach on, but it was one the studies I have done that I enjoyed the most.

I only got started when I saw this amazing verse – ‘You have searched me, and You know.’

I could go on for several verses, but all we really need to see for right now is those wonderful words. God has examined everything about, he has searched me like a detective searches about a case, and He knows it all. He knows everything about us. He knows our feelings and emotions and battles and thoughts and words and everything else about us.

He knows.

No matter what we are going through today He knows. He knows my worries and my fears and my anxieties and the pressures I am under. Though I may feel like I am very much alone and that no one else understands that is not the truth.

He knows. Praise God He knows.

No comments: