Wednesday 12 April 2017

Search me

Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. – Psalm 139.23-24

At the end of Psalm 139.23-24 David prayers a prayer that is a little scary to think about praying. ‘Search me O God, and know my heart. Try me and know my thoughts; and see if they be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.’

Search me
Try me
Lead me

That sound all holy and spiritual and such, but think about what it means if that we are really inviting God to do. This prayer is honestly and openly asking God to examine our hearts and show us how to deal with any issues.

It is a challenge because there are some things in our lives that we know are going that we really kind of like and are maybe not quite willing to part with. We already know what is there.

Are we willing to honestly pray search me and try me and lead me and then deal with the results? Are we willing for God expose to us our pet sins and little secrets and really get serious about striving after holiness?

How about it? ‘Lord, please search the inner reaches of my heart. Test me and see if there is ANY wicked way in me. Then lead to deal with my sin.’


Anybody want to join me? 

No comments: