Sunday 9 April 2017

Perfecting

Though the LORD is on high, Yet He regards the lowly; But the proud He knows from afar. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand Against the wrath of my enemies, And Your right hand will save me. The LORD will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O LORD, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands. – Psalm 138.6-8

Our God is in the perfecting business. He will make everything perfect in His time.

I wish I could grasp that truth. I wish I could really grasp that God is one day going to perfect all that is not perfect today. There are a lot of pieces missing from the puzzle – and that is not unusual because the puzzle is still being put together. The pieces are all there on the table, I just can’t make sense of it yet.

And the great thing is that I do not have to see it know it -  at least I shouldn’t have to. God’s ways are not my ways. God’s thoughts are not my thoughts. His ways and thoughts are far above mine, so it only makes sense that I won’t get it.

The Lord is on high – and yet He still regards that way of the lowly. He will revive me in my trouble. His right hand is going to save me. He is going to perfect everything concerning me and He is going to do that based on His ever being poured our margay that lasts forever.

I don’t know how my life is going to work out. I don’t know how my fears and my concerns are going to be sorted. There are things that I just can’t see how they are going to work out.

But the word says that God is going to perfect it. Literally He is going to bring it all to the right completion. Someday He is going to put the last piece in the puzzle that is my life and I will be able to see it all in it perfection.

In one way it is kind of scary to live that way, but at the same time it ought to be exciting to see how He is going to do it.

No comments: