Sunday 6 December 2020

Honesty is the best policy

 

Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly. But I beseech you the rather to do this, that I may be restored to you the sooner. – Hebrews 13.18-19

 

‘Honesty if the best policy’ we hear.

 

That makes a lot of sense when we think about it. Without honesty a person is pretty useless. Without honesty we can never be trusted, our word means nothing, and our testimony is a waste.

 

We have a lot of opportunity to not be honest in this social media age. When come to sharing posts if we like what it says we don’t even check it out to see if it is true, we can just share away.

 

Its little things like that that destroy our reputation.

 

The only way to achieve and keep a good reputation and a good testimony is by a walk of honesty and transparency. People must know me as a man of honour and truthfulness and honesty. If I am not honest about other things how can I ever hope that they will trust me when I share the gospel with them?

 

We need to remember Who we represent in all we say and all we do – even on social media.

No comments: