Thursday 7 May 2020

Exampleship

And you became followers of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Spirit, so that you became examples to all in Macedonia and Achaia who believe. – 1 Thessalonians 1.6-7

The believers Thessolonica got a ‘good dose of salvation’ when they got saved. It wasn’t a quiet affair. When they heard the testimony of Paul and His team they received the word of God in the middle of affliction. Hey had the joy of the Holy Spirit and then they became examples to everyone else.

That challenges me. What kind of example am I today? This task of exampleship has carried on since Day One. People see examples of Christians, some get saved and their lives as examples, and so on and so on down to today.

But back to my question. How is my example? Am I an example to the lost as I try to live for Christ? Am I am proper example to my fellow believers. Do people see Jesus in me and my words and actions and attitudes and responses?

What can of example am I?

No comments: