Saturday 2 March 2019

Work together for good

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. – Romans 8.28

It can be very hard for us to see how anything good can come from our situations and circumstances. I’ve been there like I think most of us have been. What good can come from cancer or other serious illness or losing a child or situations like that? How can God turn that around? How can God make good out of such bad?

I don’t know. I’m not Him, but His promise is here before us. God promises that He can make good out of the worst.

For me this is another one of those faith passages. There are bad things that have happened that I still don’t see the good in. Sometimes I can see a glimmer of good but it hardly seems worth that bad that brought it about. Sometimes it is obvious when good results from bad situations.

If I really trust God I can trust in His promise. I may never in this life see the good that comes from what I perceive as bad. I only see me and my time and my place and my situation. I can’t see it all from my persepective.

God made a promise. I am good to do my best, with help, to trust Him to use all those situations for eternal good. 

No comments: