Monday 4 March 2019

Glorified

Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. – Romans 8.30

Here is that predestined word again. Judging from the first above the context here is that God has predestined us to be conformed to the image of Christ. When He does that He calls us and when He calls us He justifies us and when He justifies us He glorifies us.

Why don’t I feel glorified then? Why do I still feel like a poor mistable creature who is surely the greatest of sinners? I fell a lot more unglorified than glorified. What’s the story?

The story is that I don’t have to feel glorified. As long as I live in this flesh I am going to battle it. As long as I am on this sin curse earth I am going to battle it. As long as the devil is free to roam the earth seeking whom he may devour I am going to battle him.

That’s just life.

But my final glorification has already been accomplished when Jesus said ‘it is finished.’ Nothing else needs to be done. The truth that my glorification is so certain that Paul could ‘we are glorified.’

My challenge is clear. Since I am glorified already I should be making decisions and making choices that are going to be to His glory. Whatever I say or do or think should always been done to glorify the One who has already glorified me in His sight.

Glorified – and glorifying Christ. That should be my life today.

No comments: