Friday 1 March 2019

The Spirit helps

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. – Romans 8.26-27

There have been a couple of times in my life when I felt like things were so bad and desperate that we were in despair. We had no answers and it was so tough that we could not even come up with the words for prayer.

I remember one time in particular when something happened that I thought would send us back to America. I remember sitting in a room with my son when a doctor told us that his wife had leukaemia and might not survive the week. I remember when our daughter phoned to tell us that she had stage 3 breast cancer. In those days I didn’t know how to pray.

I remember those days and just telling God I didn’t know what to di or what to say. I remember well the comfort of the Holy Spirit as we realied on Him. I knew this promise and I sensed the comfort as He interceded for us an brough peace into our lives. Thank God that helps in days of desperation.

No comments: