Saturday 9 March 2019

How can they hear?

How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:
“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!” – Romans 10.14-15

So what do I do about those who need to be saved? I try to be a good testimony. I try to live a holy life. I try to help them in their times of trouble. I need to do all of that and so much more.

But is that all I need to do? Is that enough?

God’s plan for the world to hear is simple. Faith comes by hearing. Proper hearing comes from the world of God. How though are they going to hear unless there is a preacher to tell it to them.

And that doesn’t mean a preacher like in behind a pulpit. It is a proclaimer, someone like you and me. There are people out there that no one else will be able to reach but us.

How can they hear unless we tell them? Who is going to tell them the good news? Who will open the word of God and give them the words of eternal life?

No comments: