Tuesday 12 March 2019

Who can comprehend?


Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!
“For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has become His counselor?”
“Or who has first given to Him
And it shall be repaid to him?”

For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen. – Romans 11.33-36

What a beautiful passage. Paul certainly had a way with the Holy Spirit’s words, didn’t he?

Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

One of the wonderful things about God is one of the things I can struggle with. His wisdom and knowledge are far, far above our own wisdom and knowledge. His ways and His thoughts are as far above mine as the heavens are above the earth. His judgments are unsearchable and His ways are above finding out. Everything we encounter is of Him and through Him and to Him and are for His glory.

If I could get my thick head around this truth I would be much better off. I really, truly, honestly, ignorantly, and stupidly can think as times that I know what is best. How can I do that?

Actually, I know – pride. Only pride lets me think I do better that the God whose thoughts and ways are beyond my human ken.

Lord, I believe You know best, but help my unbelief.

No comments: