Monday 25 February 2019

If you don't have the Spirit

But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. – Romans 8.9-11

I have heard a lot of talk about Christians praying to receive the Spirit, or to get more of the Spirit, or to get the power of the Spirit. I am not here to get into a fight over those words, but this passage seems to make it pretty clear that I already have the Spirit.

If you don’t have the Spirit of God you don’t belong to Him.

That seems pretty clear. The Spirit of Christ dwells in me.

Therefore I have all the power of the Spirit in me today. The problem is not one of me not having enough of the Spirit, but the problem does He have enough of me? Am I  well and truly fully His? Am I yielded to His control, or do I have to me in the driver’s seat?

I am can live Him and for Him when I submit to His leading and stop trying to live righteously in my own flesh.

Praise God I have the Spirit, all of the Spirit. May I learn to let Him have control and follow His direction.

No comments: