Wednesday 20 February 2019

A batttle

For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. – Romans 7.14-20

The law is spiritual. I am carnal. I am still living in a fleshly body that cries out for satisfaction. So I find myself in a dilemma. I don’t do the things I want to do. I do do the things I don't want to do. I still have to deal with the presence of sin. The old me was crucified but sin is still residing with me.

What a mess, huh?  I think we have all ‘been there, done that.’

There is a solution, but we need to be aware that this is a very real situation. We are all going to battle with the devil and the world, but we are also going to have to battle the real truth that the flesh is still an enemy.

The battle is real. It is ever present with us. As long as we live in this flesh we are going to struggle with sin. Perfection is not going to come until we meet Jesus face to face.

But what do we do about it this battle in the meantime? More tomorrow.

No comments: