Wednesday 11 October 2017

You are mine

But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine.  – Jeremiah 43.1

There is a lot packed in this few verses. Though written to Israel we know that each of these truths also applies to the church today.

God has also created us
He has also formed us
We also need not be afraid
He has also redeemed us
He has also called us by name
We are His

Every one of these is a special blessing and I could take a week to look at them. But I want to focus on the last one – we are His. We belong to the creator and sustainer of the universe. We belong to the eternal unchanging one. We belong to the almighty, all-knowing, ever present God. We belong to the god of ‘God is love.’

Of the course that gives us the ability to say in the midst of the troubles and say to Him ‘I am Yours!’ As the words to a modern Christian song put it ‘not because of who I am, but because of what You’ve done; not because of what I done, but because of who You are…I am Yours.’


Don’t let anything diminish that thought today. We are His. We are His precious possessions. I think He has us taken care of. 

No comments: