Tuesday 17 October 2017

The Lord is my portion

"The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I hope in Him!" – Lamentations 3.24

What is my lot in life? The lots fall out in all kinds of ways. The lot of some is to be rich and powerful and famous. The lot of others is to carry on one day at a time. The lot of some is to live paycheque to paycheque. Sometimes our lot is joy and sometimes it is hardships.

What all is just part of life. That’s the way life goes.

We however can live above all of that because the Lord is our portion no matter what else happens. I may not have much in this world. I may never have fame or fortune. My lot in this life may be to quietly labour away in my little corner of the world doing what little God allows me to do.

But.


But I still have the Lord as my lot in life and because He is I will hope in Him. Others may have all kinds of things, but I know that I have Christ and that gives me hope no matter what crosses my path or comes my way. I can only be content when I realise that the Lord has said ‘I will never leave you or forsake you.’ My eternity is secure in Him and having Him as my lot in life it will be worth it all when I finally see Him. 

No comments: