Saturday 30 April 2016

Pursuing greatness

Therefore You are great, O Lord GOD. For there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears.  – 2 Samuel 7.22

Sometimes I can forget I serve a unique and incomparable God who, as we have seen just recently cares about me and knows all about me and communicates Himself me t His written word.

When my thinking gets skewed I forget that compared to Him nothing else has any real power. I forget than nothing compares to Him when it comes to His greatness. When it seems like we are always losing to darkness I need to be reminded that greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.

As great as God is why is that we chase after all kinds of pursuits and goals instead of pursuing Him? We get deluded and seek for satisfaction or fulfilment or a sense of achievement by getting more stuff or more popularity or more human success and think we are doing great.

Nothing compares to God and His greatness – so let's truly go gor greatness and pursue Him.

No comments: