Thursday 28 April 2016

He knows

Now what more can David say to You? For You, Lord God, know Your servant. – 2 Samuel 7.20

It is interesting to see themes in David that he will develop into the psalms later on. This passage reminds of the marvellous words in Psalm 139.1-6:

O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.
You have hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.

This seems a natural follow on to the question ‘who am I?’ Once we establish that we are important to God it is encouraging to know that God not only cares about us – but He knows about us. Really, it is more than just knows about us, He knows that we are all about. He knows His servant.

That means that God knows when I hurt and when I am happy. He knows when I am strong and when I struggle. He knows when have faith and when I fear. He knows when I fly and when I fall. He knows it all.

I never have to think I am alone and no one gets it. God is always here and He always gets me. He always understands.

Here are two simple words of comfort for us – He knows.

No comments: