Friday 16 November 2012

Live in My love


"As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. – John 15.9-12

We just can’t seem to get away from the principle of love. As the Father loved the Son and the Son as love us we are to live in His love. That is the source of true remaining joy. Abiding in His love brings all the fullness of joy. Love each other the same way that Jesus loved us.

That’s a whole heap of love. The pattern that leads to the challenge is almost more that we can comprehend. We are talking about divine love being passed along to sinful man. The love that we are challenged to love each other with is the love that God the Father has for God the Son.

So how do we get to the full abiding joy that results in us loving each other?

Jesus says ‘abide in my love.’ If we are abiding in that love two things are going to result. We are going to live in fullness of joy because we are going to realise that no matter what comes my way Jesus still loves me and will carry me through it. I can ‘count it all joy’ when I go through trials because I know He loves me and I am not alone.

Secondly, if I abide in His love I am going to love others. I can love them because if I abide in Jesus’ love I will see others with His eyes. I will love them the way He loves.

When I am not joyful and when I am not loving maybe I need to make sure that I am abiding in Jesus’ love the way I should. 

No comments: