Tuesday 18 November 2008

The Lord knows them that are His

Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity." - 2 Timothy 2v19

In spite of all this stuff Paul talks about, there is a foundation that stands sure and it is sealed with two truths:

The Lord knows those who are His
Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity

There are certain unshakeables of the faith. These are the things we cling on to during time of raw faith. In passage one relates to God and one relates to us.

Lets first examine an unshakeable foundational, and sealed truth relating to God. “The Lord knows them that are His.” From the “You have searched me and you know me of’ the Psalms to ‘The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble, and He knows them who trust in Him’ of the prophets we constantly are reminded of the God who knows us.

What is astounding about this is that He also loves us – He knows us and yet He still loves us. He knows all my weaknesses, faults, and frailties, and yet He still loves me.

My Lord knows me. He knows all about my failings. I can’t hide anything from me, and yet He still loves me.

On the other hand He knows everything I am going through. He knows my struggles, my temptations, and my hard times. He knows how bad the economy is, He knows all about political situations. He promises over and over that He is right there with me.

Unchangeable, foundational, and sealed. ‘The Lord knows them that are His.’

No comments: