Thursday 15 June 2006

We will not hide them from our children

“We will not hide them from their children, showing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.” - Psalms 78v4

“Children are our greatest commodity.” “Children are our future.” These and other quotes capture the deserved emphasis that God places on our children. In this psalm the writer mentions that each of us have been taught things by the generation before us. He then goes on the say that “we will not hide these things from our children, but will SHOW the generation to come certain things. These are vital things that we should be manifesting in our lives so that our children can see them and learn from them.

· I will show the praises of the Lord
· I will show His strength
· I will show the wonderful works that He as done

How do we do those things? It is not enough to just do family devotions. It is not enough just to teach Sunday School or children’s clubs. We must show these things to the generation to come by our lives. Our children must see God’s praise in our lives. Our children must see God’s strength in our lives. Our children must see God at works in our lives.

I have had many great teachers in my life, but the ones who have had by far the greatest impact in my life are the ones who have shown me the reality of these things by their lives.

One of my greatest goals is that the next generation see these things in me.

No comments: