Friday 16 June 2006

Oh that my people would listen to me

“Oh that my people had hearkened unto me, and Israel had walked in my ways!”
- Psalms 81v13

Those who are parents, teachers, pastors, or leaders often become very frustrated when we know the best answer to a situation and yet the people we deal with will not do what we suggest. People come for advice and then reject and turn against it. We can almost be pulling our hair out and saying, “Why won’t they listen to me??”

We do this even though we are not perfect and even though we may at times give bad advice. God knows that His advice is always perfect – He knows that what He says is always best for His listeners. How hard it must be the perfect God, who gives perfect instructions that He knows are best for His people, to watch them ignore Him.

God has so much in store for those who would follow Him. May we always hearken to Him, then obey His voice so that He can do what He knows is best for us.

No comments: