Wednesday 7 June 2006

A steadfast heart

“My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise.” - Psalms 57v7

Anyone who has been a Christian for any amount of time knows that at times life can seem anything but fixed and steady. Most of the time it seems like a roller coaster with its up and downs and twists and turns. We never know what is coming next and we find ourselves just hanging on for dear life.

A real roller coaster may be loads of fun, but this is not the kind of life God wants us to have. We all will, of course, be affected by our situations, but our life and our emotions should not be based on the “roller coaster” mentality. We have a steadfast, unchanging God in whom we can place our focus. He tells us, “I am the Lord, I change not.” When we keep our eyes always on Him, the highs and lows of life become nothing more than speed ramps, for His gives us a place of steadfast hope so the we can “sing and give praise.”

No comments: