Wednesday 14 June 2006

I Will Remember the Lord



“And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High. I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember thy wonders of old. I will meditate also of all thy work, and talk of thy doings.”
- Psalms 77v10-12

In Psalm 77 the psalmist was almost overwhelmed by his inability to understand what God was doing. It seems like he was slipping into the depths of despair, even saying himself, “Has the Lord forgotten to be gracious?” In 2006 it might be understandable if we asked the same question. It seems sometimes like everything is going against God and His people. Evil seems to be running rampant, wickedness abounds and seems to go unchecked.

What do God’s people do in times like this? We would do well the do what the psalmist did – choose to remember the Lord. In the midst of his despair he said that he would:

• Remember his time with the Lord
• Remember the works of the Lord
• Remember the wonders of the Lord
• Consider the works of the Lord
• Talk about what God does

Our attitude should never be based on the circumstance, but on the God who is in control. We fail when we get it backwards, when we focus on the surroundings in stead of the Saviour.

Instead of seeing the evil today, may we choose instead to “remember the Lord.”

No comments: