Monday 17 May 2021

Us in Him and He in us

 

Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.  – 1 John 4.15,16

 

I love this – I really do. When we are saved something happens. Jesus lives in us and we live in Him.

 

What a perfect symbiotic relationship. In our symbiotic relationship one part is obviously the benefactor. I am alive in Christ and He is alive in me. I receive all the blessings and benefits of the relationship.

 

What makes this all happen?

 

It’s the love of God. The love of God unites Him with us and us with each other He is in me and I am in Him and we are one the spirit in love. With that common love why is it that so often we can’t seem to get along?

 

In addition to that we have the amazing truth that as Christian we abide in Christ, and Christ abides in us. Think about that. God lives in us and we live in God. Not just with each other, but abiding in each other. How is that even possible? It's certainly not anything we can do.

 

It is all by the grace of God and because of His love.

 

I can face whatever comes my way, but not because of me, but because of what God has done for me.

No comments: