Sunday 30 May 2021

Love walk

 

This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment, that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it. - 2 John 6

 

There are plenty of descriptions about how God’s people are supposed to walk. Not least among them is this simple instruction to walk in love.

 

We can’t get away from them

 

People see our walk. We are often known by our own peculiar step or gait. I can tell my walking friends from far off by their walk.

 

Like that people ought to know us by our walks. My walk should be so full of love that everyone knows that I belong to Christ. A love walk removes any excuse for anger or bitterness of fighting or general ugliness. When people think of my walk their first thought needs to be that I am a man of love and that my love extends to all those around me.

 

Love ought to control how I work and play and treat my family and do my job and behave in public and what kind of citizen and neighbour I am in this current world.

 

It’s a daily question for us, how was my love walk today?

No comments: